I am extremely excited to announce the release of End Space on Oculus Quest, Flatscreen, & Google Daydream August 29th, 2019.
Along with the release of End Space on 2 new platforms we are also updating End Space to version 1.0.5 across all of our supported platforms: Oculus Home (Gear VR, Go & Rift), Steam (Rift, Vive, Windows Mixed Reality, and now Flatscreen) and PlayStation VR. End Space 1.0.5 brings numerous updates, game balance changes, and over 250 bug fixes.
1.0.5 Update Information
The release on Oculus Quest is really exciting for us. The Quest version offers the best visuals over previous mobile releases and we are excited to offer cross buy with the Oculus Rift. We have had great support from the Rift community and are happy to see people who have enjoyed the Rift version come back and play on Quest. Release price of $14.99.
Find the Quest version here: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2434361173248640/
I am hoping End Space on Daydream revives some attention to the platform that has seen some neglect recently. We had a lot of problems with Daydream development but Google has been very helpful in providing hardware and updating its SDK in the development of End Space on Daydream. We are hoping Daydreamers finally let their dreams fly in End Space. Release price of $14.99.
UPDATE: Due to the fact that I am moving from Germany back to Canada I ran into an issue with getting End Space on Daydream today. Hoping to have it available later today or tomorrow. Will keep you posted.
The Steam update offers Flatscreen support for our pilots without a VR headset to experience End Space. It’s been the number 1 requested feature from the Steam community. The development of Flatscreen support has also added keyboard and mouse support to our supported control schemes. 25% off for the release of 1.0.5.
Also added support for TrackIR. To enable it first start the TrackIR software as normal, and then in the Settings Menu under graphics, there is an option to enable TrackIR. Support is only when inside the cockpit, not in menus to avoid conflict with the UI.
Find the Steam version here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/753900/End_Space/
You can now unlock your own Minos Spacefighter model to place inside your Oculus Home environment after completing the first level. Price reduction to $14.99 with the release of 1.0.5.
Oculus Rift is available here: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1725310600873633/
Oculus Go / Gear VR
1.0.5 is coming to Oculus Go and the Samsung Gear VR as well. Biggest changes are a 50% reduction in load times, and a much better install process plus a 250 MB file size reduction.
You can find the Go / Gear VR version here:
PSVR is first receiving the 1.0.5 update at a later date as we ran into some problems with our Sony development kit. Also starting August 20th End Space will be 75% off globally as part of Sony August Savings sale.
Find the PSVR version here:
End Space now supports other languages besides English. End Space has been localized for: German, French, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese (With full voice over support).
1.0.5 Release Notes
- Support for playing on a monitor without a VR headset
- Localization support for German, French, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese (With full voice over support)
- Added Mouse and Keyboard support to the Input remapper
- Added support for TrackIR while playing on a Monitor
- Oculus SDK Update to 1.39
- Oculus Audio Spatializer updated to support older CPU’s without the AVX instruction set that was preventing the game from starting on those CPUs.
- Added direction indicator to show last targeted ship
Changes & Fixes
- Loading times drastically reduced
- File size reduced by 250mb (Android)
- New APK installation process. Install process takes much less disk space (Android)
- Stuttering experienced by some players
- Removing the headset and coming back to the main menu would result in no input
- Volume sliders didn’t provide real time feedback
- Wrong audio played when the player failed Mission 11 and 12
- Input Remapper not closing correctly sometimes
- Audio wouldn’t fade out correctly while switching scenes on slower CPUs
- Intro cinematic audio still played while video was skipped
- Allow controller switching by moving a controller thumbstick as well as pushing a button
- Removing a Oculus based headset will pause the game
- Pressing the Pause button, will on pause the game while it is paused
- When the Game Over screen was displayed removing the headset would break the UI interaction
- Mission introduction audio is now positional
- Fixed texture shimmering on UI elements
- Ammo loadouts displaying Unlock, even they were already purchased
- Default weapons weren’t displayed as Equipped when first playing the game
- Secondary objective of Comms Breakdown showing 9 turrets to kill when there are only 8 turrets.
- Fixed turrets getting a early lock in Comms Breakdown before the player finished warping in
- AI getting stuck in looping motions on some levels
- Missile Lock being broken when the Warp Beacon is active
- While approaching a container to scan in Lost Cargo, scanning would not activate while approaching the container directly with the reticle
- Added drag and mass to player explosion to prevent wild spinning
- Can no longer clip through the Hangar by teleporting
- Asteroids and Ice fields block getting a missile lock
- NPC ships get stuck looping less often
- Missiles circling the player, even though they are already dead
- Repeating voice lines in Milk Run
- Fixed TLF Advanced Starfighters from ramming the player in Minefield
- Reduced TLF Advanced Starfighters by 300
- Fixed missing / too many objective markers in A-51 mission
- Added audio spatailization to player turret
- Fixed if player flew to far away from mission objectives they wouldn’t be displayed, leaving the player with no direction to go
- Fixed issue when opening and closing the map really fast, the menu would disappear
- Fix missile lock not switching over between targets sometimes
- Enable conflict checking for control remapping
- Can no longer fire while the ship is warping
- Clicking the A button would result in a double click in the UI
- Targeting the carrier in LZ-129 would leave missile lock becoming stuck
- Mines had the wrong SFX
- Fixed bug where if the player was out of energy, paused the game, then switched weapons the weapon text would stay red
- Fixed ships / missiles circling the player when the game is over
- Fixed player explosion debris not acting with physics
- Game will remain paused when selecting Quit > Resume in Oculus Home (Android)
- Fixed having ‘Disable VR controllers for Flight’ and ‘Gaze for Flight’ enabled, not allowing the player to target with their gaze.
- R-37 Plasma Gun
- Projectile speed decreased from 1600 to 1500
- Damaged increased from 300%
- Rate of Fire decreased 100%
- Energy used increased 125%
- AK-5 Pulse Laser
- Energy used increased 25%
- ASM-135 Solo
- Rate of Fire decreased 15%
- MG-31D Foxhound
- AoE Increased 25%
- Damage Increased 10%
- VR headsets recenter on level load
- Can no longer clip through Rocket Battery bases
- Fixed exploit hanging out at the gate in Ninja Miners, and not being attacked
- TLF ships in warp would not stop warping while the game was paused
- Fixed firing missiles without a lock occasionally