Today marks the release of our first update to End Space for 2017. It’s a massive update with many improvements to the original game and is paving the way for the next update that is going to offer more content and extend the game to a whole new level. Headlining this update is support for the new Gear VR controller, a whole new storyline, customization of gamepad controls, new starting scene, UI redesign, improved AI, and much much more.
What’s more is this update is just the start. We have a lot of work going on to bring out the next update and some more exciting news to announce soon. Read on to get all the details!
This is a huge update to End Space that I hope you enjoy. Your continued feedback is important in shaping the future of End Space. In the coming weeks we have another large update that focuses on content and have some big announcements to make.
Thanks for your continued support,
Updated 19/05/2017 to include notes from patch 1.2.2
New Gear VR Controller Support
We have been working really closely with Samsung and Oculus the last months on integrating the new Gear VR controller into End Space. The new Gear VR controller offers a whole new way to fly your ship using the controller’s position and rotation, control the joystick of your Minos fighter like never before. Use the thumbpad to fire missiles, boost, brake, and switch your ammo types.
We have been working with a writer and voice actor to provide a whole new storyline to the game. All the old audio has been replaced with new professionally voice acted speech to tell the story of the conflict between the United Trade Consortium and the Tartarus Liberation Front. Expect more updates on this in the coming weeks!
New Gamepad Controller Mapping + Throttle Control
This should put a smile on a lot of peoples face’s. Now all supported gamepads are able to use the new Control Remapper to change your configuration how you like it. To change the controls open up the new Settings menu. If you have a supported controller you should see the Remapping button. Using the right stick Y-Axis you can change the throttle with gamepads as well. Boosting and braking has changed on gamepads. Hold down the Boost or Brake buttons and release to stop. Note, only gamepads are supported at this time and not the new Gear VR remote for throttle and remapping.
Your pilot’s body is now animated and follows your movement and input options in flight.
New redesigned Main Menu + Level Unlock System
The main menu scene has been completely redesigned as well as the level unlock system. Level’s are no longer unlocked with credits but will be automatically unlocked upon successfully completing of the last level played. There is a new galaxy map that displays all available levels in the Tartarus Sector.
We have done a complete design of the UI and how you interact with it. The new UI reacts depending on your detected input type Gaze, Gamepad, or Gear VR controller. The in-flight HUD has been redesigned to offer more information and also new is a Lead Indicator to make aiming a little less frustrating.
Gone are the pickups spawned from killing ships. The system has been replaced with a improved regeneration system for energy, shields, and missiles. But watch out, your hull cannot be repaired until you return to the Condottiero Indigo Lima.
- Player’s body now moves with the player and reacts to your input
- New jump in effects for TLF fighters
- Improved sound effects
- When completing a mission you now come to a scenic view point to admire the level
- Improved the backgrounds for all levels
- Ninja Miners has new ice crystals and the miners fight back, watch out!
- Screen fade while boosting or braking is now a player preference in the Settings menu
- Under Siege has a new cargo ship with a turret
- Completely redesigned the turrets in the game (more to come…)
- The AI should be much smarter and not fly straight into things.
- Drones and Turrets will select other targets not just the player.
- New weapon impacts effects
- Weapon re-balancing for all ships
- Throttle Controls for gamepads
- More control over boosting & braking with gamepad
- Escape pods couldn’t be hit
- Warpout beacon indicator sometimes wouldn’t show up right away
- Missile lock on should be much easier
- Performance fixes
Added in 1.2.1
- Updated graphics for mission LZ-129
- HOTAS support over USB
- Added ‘Reverse Roll’ setting for Gear VR controller
- Control remapping wasn’t working as it should, should work correctly now with supported controllers
- In LZ-129, if the player died the wrong audio would play
- Certain menus were’t highlighting the text making it hard to see what button is selected
- Certain hit effects weren’t playing a sound effect on hit
- Unsupported controllers didn’t have the correct mapping assigned
- When using a gamepad, boosting and braking sound effects weren’t being played
- TFL jump portals would roll with the player
- When using the Touchpad to play, swipes would also trigger the guns to fire
- Space debris wouldn’t change speed with the player
- Closed off a section of the galaxy map to show that new missions are coming
Added in 1.2.2
- Added ability to adjust Gear VR controller deadzone
- Improved rendering of cockpit UI
- Some balance changes
- Fixed issues with the level Lost Cargo and players getting lost
- Fixed issue with Gear VR controller reverse roll setting not working
- Fixed issue with lighting not being applied to turrets in some levels
- Fixed issue with not being able to hit the Comm Relay on the TFL carrier with missiles