Seasons Greetings pilots,
Today we are releasing End Space 126.96.36.199 to take advantage of the new power offered by the Oculus Quest 2.
The Oculus Quest 2 brings a lot more power to End Space and we are taking full advantage to dial everything up a notch. We have enabled the newly supported 90Hz mode for a smoother experience. We enabled Phase Sync for reduced latency. We now do real-time shadows inside the cockpit and we bumped up the Level of Detail to the same levels of the Rift version of End Space. This is as close to the graphics from the Rift version as we could manage inside this amazing standalone headset.
Recently we have received a lot of feedback about how you control your ship not being optimal for a lot of new pilots. In this update we have changed the default control scheme to use the thumbsticks on the Quest controllers for flight movement while aiming with the Right Touch controller to use your ships guns. We also swapped the Weapon Switch buttons from the Right Controller to the Left controller with the Brake/Boost buttons. This allows boosting and braking while flying in a more intuitive way.
In addition by disabling Gaze to Aim and enabling Virtual Joystick now allows two handed control. Your secondary hand aims the turret while the primary hand controls your Minos Spacefighter.
Another big change is we now use a new input curve on the Touch thumbsticks to more closely resemble those found on other Bluetooth gamepads. As a result the turning rate between touch and gamepad is much more consistent. And swapping between gamepads and Touch controllers is now more reliable too. If you are using the virtual joystick mode to control the ship, there is now an option to hold the controller at a negative angle as the resting angle which might be more comfortable for pilots.
Please come by our discord channel and let us know what you think about End Space and what you would like to see next.
Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday season!
End Space 188.8.131.52 Update Changelog
- Oculus System version 23 or greater is required to use these new features. See https://support.oculus.com/565676937249229/ on how to update.
- Enabled 90Hz mode on Quest 2
- Enabled Phase Sync
- Added real-time shadows on Quest 2
- Higher level of detail models on Quest 2
- Changed the default control scheme for new pilots to use thumbsticks for flight and right Touch controller for aiming
- Enabled two handed control mode by Enabling Virtual Joystick and disabling ‘Use Gaze to Target’
- Swapped Boost/Brake buttons with Switch weapon buttons on Touch controllers
- Added a negative value range to the Controller Angle setting
- Changed the input curve of Touch thumbsticks to match gamepads
- Changing from gamepads to Touch controllers should be more reliable in swapping controls over
- Switching from gamepad to Touch when not using Look to Aim resulted in the reticle being stuck on the Touch controller
- Fixed missing texture on Teleport points in the hanger
- TLF ships that attempt to flee will now be destroyed
12 thoughts on “Oculus Quest 2 Enhancements Released”
Are there new campaigns coming out soon? Love the game, but it is so short. Would like to see some new levels more than anything else, but the new updates are a good start.
In the coming year will be more news about the future of Orange Bridge Studios and End Space.
When will there be an End Space 2? When the map ended with so much space left, I was sad…
Be sure to follow us as in the new year will be making some posts about what we are up to and what is coming next.
I still can’t purchase any apps because I don’t have a pin, when I try to create a new one because I don’t have the original I can’t recreate a new one, it sucks.
Give https://support.oculus.com/ a try. Maybe they can help?
Waste of money.
Wait for next generation headsets. They will have much better FOV’s.
The Quest 2 is amazing value for your money. I enjoyed Quest 1 but the Quest 2 really is a great product. Yes you can wait for the next generation, but now is a great time to jump into VR.
So what does this mean for us Quest 1 owners? I bought it less than a year ago and it seems like Im expected to just throw it away and get a new one.
Quest 1 is still supported and there are no Quest 2 exclusive games and I am told there won’t be. There is nothing wrong with the Quest 1 not sure why you feel like you want to throw it away it’s still a great device.
I was wondering if you have looked into making this game a multi player online would be sick to vs and go against the AI
It would be nice one day I agree. It’s the number one most requested feature. But the cost of developing multiplayer for the game is too high at the moment.