One month after the release of End Space VR, I’m happy to announce v1.01. The most requested feature was Bluetooth controller support, which has been added using the Rewired input manager. Most Bluetooth and USB gamepad controllers should work to fire your lasers. (Note not every controller can be supported) Future updates will include full support of game pads including movement and other weapons. One person can only do so much :)
Read the rest of the patch notes below:
- Gamepad controller support. End Space VR now uses Rewired for input management, it should support a wide range of Bluetooth and USB Gamepad controllers. Initial update allows shooting and pausing.
- Radar! Ships not in view are now tracked with a Radar. Arrows help track down the last enemies alive.
- Score sharing, now share your score with your friends!
- New design for buttons, makes it easier to see what is a button.
- Capital ship hit points increased.
- Hitboxes increased on the player and on enemy fighters.
- Explosions and warp effects louder.
- Capital ship was displaying black on some phones.
- While using Gaze to Shoot ammo wasn’t being subtracted.
- Back button wasn’t pausing the game (Android).
- Fighters not getting new target while behind the player.
Did I miss something? Found a bug? Leave me a comment below.
- Updated to Unity 5.3
- Added support for a couple more Gamepads
- Fixed a couple of errors caused by the radar
- Better object pooling / performance
- Smaller player collider, enemy ships shouldn’t get stuck so often behind the player
- Plasma Grenade resets to proper size after use
- Different radar arrow color to stand out a bit more
- Hopefully fixed some crashes that have been occurring, but waiting on the Google Cardboard SDK update to be able to fix more.